Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Don't have to cook tonight!

Here is my contribution for this week's Challenge of DailyPaintworks. The challenge was to paint a wrapped gift...I liked the idea of a gift to myself. As I mentioned a while ago - I would like to be a daily painter, however, too many other responsibilities at this time prevent me from committing. Maybe it is also a lack of self-discipline and organizational skills? Anyway...this Chinese food box answers the question: "What's for dinner, Mom?" ...somebody else is cooking for my family and I have time to paint...

2 comments:

  1. I love this painting! Great colors, wonderful brushstrokes and fantastic concept. :) I'm so with you on wanting to be a daily painter but finding it hard to fit in the time. I'm a mom of three too. So glad I found you! Another painter mom in the trenches!! Huzzah!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Crystal - your supportive comment means a lot to me. I am happy we connected. I love your portrait work!!
    My Best, Monika

    ReplyDelete