Sunday, October 7, 2012

Waiting Waffles

My 100th post on this blog!!!  Yay!!! It's time to add something different .... well ... the "something different" is the addition of a new medium: acrylic paints. I thought I give acrylics a try as a collection of donated tubes with acrylic paints accumulated on my desk over time. When people hear that I paint they remember the unused paints they have sitting in a draw. I welcome all donations... and here I am. I added acrylics to my blog's title to reflect my new experiment. Being used to working with oils, acrylics feel stickier and less blendable because they dry faster. The greatest thing however is the clean-up - so fast with water and no smells of paint thinner. Clean-up is the big deal with the oils... so far I still want to explore the acrylics some more but I will not give up the oils. The thing I love about them is what everybody loves: the richness of color, excellent for blending and the consistency.... smooooooth!
Today's subject are 3 left-over waffles from breakfast. They are sitting on a kitchen towel waiting to be eaten with strawberries and whipped cream - sinfully good!

No comments:

Post a Comment