Thursday, January 23, 2014

Sun and Clouds over Marsh


After bringing back the previous painting for a "make-over", I realized that I still was not done with this scene. How would the colors change in more direct sun light? Would I be able to capture that? To explore the subtle color differences, I painted a smaller version of this view. Being more familiar with the subject made a difference in not having to rush to hurry to "capture the moment". I felt more relaxed to just observe the color nuances and follow the flow of the clouds.
       After this painting, I realize more and more that COLOR is what gets me excited about a painting in general. One of the old masters of landscape painting that I totally admire is - Cezanne! It is amazing how he created distance with the contrast of warm against cool colors... endless inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment